Monday, May 25, 2009

Weekly Status: Go Time!

As Rafiki once said to Simba who upon being reunited with Nala had to look within himself to discover the meaning of his heritage as the true Lion King and inheritor of Mufasa's throne, "Eet eez time."

Funny though, how the original family shoulder shrugs and dismissive agreements turned into stammering "but...but..but..s" this week at the suggestion of calling my friends at Time Warner and having them pull the plug.

But.. nevertheless.. a deal is a deal. Tomorrow it goes off.

I've been considering for a few days how this call might go. Will Time Warner sigh and regretfully say "So long." to me, their long time loyal customer? Will they offer me such jeweled gifts as a free, barely functional, sad excuse for a digital video recorder? Or perhaps, 50% off my next overpriced pay-per-view purchase? Will they nervously laugh and tell me the $87 was just a joke, and that they actually meant $57 dollars? Will they try to convince me that broadband internet REQUIRES digital cable television service? It's really anyone's guess.

In any case, I expect the call to go about the same as many of my other interactions with the Time Warner folks - flat goofy. The truth will reveal itself tomorrow.

I'll let you know.



No comments:

Post a Comment